Weekend On-Air Personality
Clear Channel Communications, Inc. is the world’s largest radio and outdoor advertising company with leading market positions in each of its two business segments: Media & Entertainment and Outdoor. Clear Channel is also one of the most innovative media players in the market – a leader in the converging media space, having developed best-in-class integrated media offers (e.g. Radio/Web) and having built significant positions in the HD arena.
Looking for a weekend warrior to host Saturday middays on active rocker KDJE in Little Rock. Must be available to work all weekends and be able to fill in for vacations and holidays as necessary. Weekend part timer will also host the stations local music show on Sunday nights. Experience is preferred but not necessary as we will train the right person. Employee will also be responsible for some station appearances, running the board, and other duties as needed.
- On-air announcing of programs, music, commercials, news, public service information and other material.
- Plays music as decided by the music director and follows the daily music log.
- Reads or ad-libs to identify station, introduce and close shows, and announce station breaks.
- Use of creativity, imagination and exercise of independent professional judgment in writing, producing, interviewing, taping or broadcasting of on-air material.
- Operate on-air control console during satellite-fed syndicated programming.
- Attend live, in-person appearances as scheduled by the station.
- Ensure logged commercials, promotions, sweepers and any other programming element essential to the station’s operations are aired.
- Interview guests, and moderate panel or discussion show to entertain audience.
- Answer phone lines and interview members of listening audience who telephone musical requests.
- Plan and stage community events, including hosting and assisting at charity functions.
- Set up equipment for broadcasts and promotions at station remotes.
- Follow and enforce FCC regulations and station and company policies.
- High School Diploma; Associates’s degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school preferred.
- Formal training in radio broadcasting and one year on-air experience.
- Ability to operate on-air control board, CD player, reel to reel tape recorder and remote broadcast equipment.
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
- Knowledge of all FCC rules and regulations.
Clear Channel is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas, United States